Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thing #9

Of the three RSS search engines suggested, I found that Technorati and Syndic8 are by far the better laid out sites, though my own use of each site would be based on need. Technorati is nicely geared towards a user who wants a headline based page, where they can choose which feeds to go in-depth with. I also like the fact that it breaks the page down into general categories (business, entertainment etc.) as well as lists the relative age of each headline so you can determine at a glance the "freshness" of that story.

Syndic8 on the other hand, is geared more to the casual user, as shown by the "random feeds" section and the emphasis on entering search terms/keywords. The section on site usage I found to be rather useless, unless you were gauging where to post a link to your own blog or were considering investing in that site, but other than that, I would see myself revisiting this site also.

No comments: